Diabetes mellitus is classified as difficultdiseases, diagnosed more often. The main problem of this disease is significantly increased blood sugar. A healthy pancreas produces a special hormone - insulin, which is responsible for processing the sugars from food. Glucose is a "fuel" for cells, providing them with the energy necessary for normal life. And with diabetes, the pancreas produces an insufficient amount of insulin, and the sugar remains in the blood.
Types of diabetes
Physicians distinguish two varieties of the disease:
- type 1 diabetes, or insulin-dependent;
- diabetes of the second type, or non-insulin-dependent.
The causes of the formation of diseases are different. So, type 1 diabetes occurs with a genetic predisposition. Sometimes it can become a consequence of a viral infection.
Factors provoking the development of diabetes in the second type, is:
- genetic predisposition;
- endocrine diseases;
- pathology of the pituitary gland or adrenal cortex;
- tumors of the pancreas.
At the disposal of physicians are many drugs,capable of reducing blood sugar, but no less important is the therapeutic diet. This is the "Table 9" diet for diabetes mellitus. A special role is assigned to it in the treatment of mild and moderate disease.
Therapeutic dietology: the basics
The diet "Table 9" in diabetes requires the patient to observe the following rules:
- Meals should be frequent and regular. During the day, you need to eat at least 5 times and always at the same time.
- Portions should contain approximately equal amounts of carbohydrates, and also be the same in calories.
- Diet number 9 - is quite diverse, because it allows you to eat many foods that contain a small amount of sugar.
- Regular sugar must necessarily be replaced with sorbitol, xylitol or other sugar substitutes.
Diet 9 for diabetics who are overweight should include the following foods in the daily diet:
- cabbage (fresh and sour);
- green pea.
These products are able to enhance the feeling of saturation, since portions at fractional nutrition are rather small.
To improve the liver, the diet "Table 9" withDiabetes mellitus should include cottage cheese, oatmeal, soy. In this case, broths cooked from meat or fish, as well as fried foods should be restricted.
«Table 9» diet: the menu
For people suffering from this disease,Numerous food options and recipes have been developed. Diet 9 can be used at home. To do this, you simply need to know the list of allowed and prohibited products.
Diet number 9 can contain the following foods and foods:
- Wheat and rye bread, but the loaf, however, should be excluded or limit consumption to a minimum.
- Soups, the basis of which are vegetable decoctions.
- Soups with meat or fish broth with vegetables can be present in the menu no more than twice a week.
- Poultry meat, beef, veal and lean pork, rabbit, cooked in a double boiler or boiled.
- A fish. All low-fat varieties are allowed - navaga, pike perch, cod, carp - in boiled form.
- Garnish is allowed such vegetables as cabbage, lettuce, rutabaga, radish, zucchini, cucumbers, potatoes, beets in baked or boiled form.
Cereals, legumes and pasta are allowed, but it is necessary to limit consumption.
- Eggs can also be present in the menu. A diet for diabetics allows you to eat a couple of eggs a day in the form of an omelette cooked soft-boiled or as part of a dish.
- Sweets, berries and fruit - only with the permission of the supervising doctor. But fruit with sourness, for example, orange, lemon, red currant can be consumed both in fresh form and as compotes.
- Milk and dairy products. Seasoned, kefir or plain milk - about 500 ml. Cottage cheese - both fresh, curd or casseroles.
- It is necessary to limit the consumption of cream, cheese and sour cream.
- Allowed mild sauces, cooked on vegetable broths with the addition of puree tomatoes or milk.
- The diet "Table 9" with diabetes mellitus allows the use of vinaigrettes and vegetable salads.
- From drinks - tea with milk, soft coffee, juices made from sour fruits.
- Butter and vegetable oil - not more than 40 grams per day.
Enrich the diet with essential vitamins will help yeast (beer or bakery), decoction of wild rose berries.
Diet No. 9 requires the complete exclusion of the following products:
- Any sweets, including jam and honey, as well as confectionery and baking.
- Pork and fatty fat.
- Spicy, smoked, salted and spicy dishes, as well as pepper and mustard.
- Raisins, grapes and bananas.
An approximate daily diet with a diet
During the whole day, 150 grams of wheat and 250 grams of rye bread are allowed.
If a diet is prescribed 9, the menu for the day can include the following dishes:
- For breakfast - porridge from buckwheat, pate from meat, tea with milk and bread and butter.
- At lunchtime you can eat cottage cheese, drink a glass of kefir. Also allowed bread, butter and tea.
- Lunch (after work): soup with vegetables, boiled meat with potatoes, apple.
- Dinner: carrot cutlets with cottage cheese or fish with boiled cabbage and tea.
- At night you need to drink a glass of yogurt.
If you think about it, the diet excludes many loved oneshuman products, but with the right approach, it can become surprisingly tasty and varied. We picked up a few non-standard recipes of dishes that fully meet the requirements of dieticians.
Pate of fish
Easy to prepare dish. You will need a boiled fillet of lean fish and carrots. Cut the vegetable cubes and put it out with oil. When carrots become soft, combine it with fish fillets and mix thoroughly. Before serving, lightly salt and add a little butter.
Unusually, tasty and satisfying. You need to boil some meat. Of rice, you need to prepare a viscous porridge. Then the minced meat and porridge are mixed thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Serve chilled.
Soup in a peasant way
First, low-fat meat broth is cooked. Then the following vegetables are added to it: chopped white cabbage, fried carrots and turnips. When serving the soup sprinkle with herbs and put in a plate diced or slices of fresh tomatoes.
Vegetable soup with the addition of pearl barley
Another variation of dietary soup. Pearl bar is pre-soaked. As a basis for soup, you can use vegetable or chicken broth. Approximately 10 minutes before the ready-made cereals in the soup, add potatoes, fry (onions and carrots). Sprinkle with greens before serving.
Carrot and apple beads
You will need carrots, apples, milk, eggs andsemolina. At first, pass the carrots through a meat grinder or grate on a grater. Cut the apples into small pieces. Then pour the milk into the carrots and add the mango to the mixture. Stir thoroughly and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the apple and egg to the cooled mass. Salt to taste. Then form cutlets, roll them in flour. The beads are poured with sauce and put in the oven for a short while.
Sambuc of apples
You will need apples, sugar substitutes and proteinseggs. Remove the apples from the apples and bake in the oven. Chilled fruits are rubbed through a sieve. You should get a puree, in which you need to add a sugar substitute and proteins. The mass is whipped until the foam appears on the surface. After this, the diluted gelatin is introduced into the apple-protein mixture, and it is poured into molds. A delicious and healthy dessert is ready.
As you can see, diet number 9 can not only be useful,but also very tasty. You just need to compile your own daily menu based on the allowed list of products, and do not forget to visit your doctor. Be healthy!</ p>