Diabetes mellitus, the symptoms of which are individual,One of the most common diseases caused by the disruption of the endocrine system, and characterized by changes in the metabolism and increase in blood glucose concentrations. The main reason is the inadequate production of insulin, responsible for the processing of glucose. Let's look at what can be caused by diabetes, its main symptoms and possible consequences.
What is diabetes?
As we already know diabetes mellitus, the symptomswhich are different - a disease caused by increased blood sugar. In a healthy body, the pancreas secretes a unique hormone insulin, responsible for the distribution and absorption of glucose by the cells of our body. With diabetes, the body lacks a hormone, which increases the level of glucose, and the cells themselves begin to suffer from its overabundance.
Types of Diabetes
To date, several types of this disease are known. Consider them.
Type I diabetes mellitus
Its feature is insulin-dependentform. It mainly occurs among people under the age of forty. It differs in the severe course of the disease and the need to constantly use insulin preparations.
Diabetes, the symptoms of which are known practicallyto all people, a lifelong disease requiring constant introduction into the body of a special medicine replacing the natural hormone. Patients are prescribed a strict diet that excludes the consumption of sugar, sweets, fruit juices and lemonades.
Diabetes mellitus type II
This type of disease isinsulin-independent. Usually it occurs in people after forty years of age. Basically appears on a background of excess weight, tk. overloaded cells in the body begin to lose sensitivity to the hormone produced.
After identifying this disease, first of all a strict diet is prescribed. But, if the doctor believes that this is not enough, then resort to the use of sugar-free tablets.
Gestational diabetes is found during pregnancy, when a woman exhibits intolerance to glucose.
In addition to these types, there are less common types that appear against the background of pancreatic diseases, after the use of drugs or transferred stress.
Causes of the disease and its symptoms
Diabetes mellitus, the symptoms of which are different, are caused by the following reasons:
- Heredity. As a rule, diabetes is quite common among relatives.
- Viral infections that are capable of destroying pancreatic cells designed to produce insulin. Such diseases include - mumps, rubella, viral hepatitis and chicken pox.
- Autoimmune diseases, which include the attack of immunity on the tissues of their own organism. These can be the following diseases: lupus, hepatitis, glomerulonephritis, and others.
- Obesity, which is the main cause of insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Strongest stressful situations can trigger the development of diabetes.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
- Fast fatiguability
- Decreased vision
- Prolonged wound healing
- Regular cramps of calf muscles
- Frequent urination
- Decreased body temperature
If you find any of these symptoms, contact your doctor for confirmation of the diagnosis and professional treatment.
What can be complications?
Diabetes mellitus, the signs of which we have already examined, causes the following complications:
- Violation of the full functioning of the kidneys.
- Increased likelihood of developing heart failure, stroke and myocardial infarction.
- Deterioration of vision.
- As a result of disturbed circulation, pains appear in the calves of the legs. Trophic ulcers may form.
To date, diabetes is susceptibletreatment. One and innovative methods is blood hemocorrection. This method allows you to restore the body's susceptibility to the insulin produced. As a result of the procedure, the patient's blood is filtered out from the "antibodies" programmed to kill the hormone. Positive results are noticeable after the first course of treatment. Remember, diabetes mellitus, the symptoms of which are individual, an insidious disease that requires constant monitoring and professional treatment.</ p>