It is useful to know about the medicinal herbs that are rich inthe surrounding nature. After all, sometimes you can find a cure for various diseases without resorting to medication. So, licorice (the medicinal properties of which have been known since time immemorial) are often prescribed for colds. Let's talk more about this medicinal plant.
Medicinal product - licorice
This plant is a perennialCulture with a straight trunk and slightly spreading stalk. Rhizome licorice - thick and short, with numerous small branches. The zone of Eastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and the steppe regions of Central Asia - these are the places where licorice grows. Its healing properties in these areas are well known, and therefore the collection of the plant is carried out everywhere.
As is known, there are four types of licorice: naked, stiff-haired, Korzhinsky and Urals, which have almost identical composition and the same application in medicine. Their difference is only in the ratio of substances contained in stems and roots.
Licorice: useful properties and contraindications
This healing plant is used to treat various diseases that can be represented in the following list:
- Diseases of the stomach and intestines - ulcer, gastritis, etc.
- Rheumatism, arthrosis and arthritis.
- Kidney disease.
- Bronchial asthma and other colds.
- Bites of snakes and poisonous insects.
- Diseases of the urinary bladder.
- Food poisoning and other problems.
It should be noted that there are cases when licorice, the medicinal properties of which are very effective, is not recommended. These are the diseases:
- hepatitis in chronic form;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- arterial hypertension;
- kidney failure;
- heart rhythm disturbances and other ailments.
Also should not be used in pregnancy and individual intolerance of the components of the medicinal plant.
As a rule, for the preparation of medicinal productsmeans the licorice root is used. The healing properties of it have been known for a long time to the inhabitants of various countries, while each people's ways and methods of treatment with this plant have differed. But it is possible to identify the main methods that are effective for colds and other inflammatory diseases.
1. You can prepare a decoction of licorice root. To do this, 10 grams of medicinal raw material should be poured about 0.2 liters of boiling water and heated in a water bath. Then let it brew for about 2 hours and drink one large spoon several times a day.
2. You can also make infusion of crushed roots. To do this, you need to pour a tablespoon of licorice half a liter of water. Boil for about 10 minutes, then remove from the plate and cool. Take a decoction (after having strained it) after eating half a cup to 4 times a day.
3. It is good to take syrup from licorice as an expectorant. To do this, you can take an extract of rhizome (4 g) and mix with sugar syrup (86 g) and alcohol (10 g).
Such plant as licorice (medicinal propertieswhich we discussed above) is a potent remedy. Therefore, it should be taken, after consultation with a doctor in advance.</ p>