Two-component silicone paste - that without whichfor today it is difficult to manage many skilled workers. Handwork in recent years is valued quite high, so freelancers engaged in handmade, does not become less. On the contrary, their quantity only grows, and the market tries to adapt, offering goods that facilitate the task of creators.
What is a silicone paste?
This material is based on food grade silicone,consisting, as a rule, of two components. It quickly freezes (30-60 minutes), so the process of obtaining forms from it does not take much time. In addition, the ready mold will have such properties as strength, elasticity and a pleasant appearance.
Now the market is popularproducts of the company Sillicreations, which has been promoting its products in Russia for several years now. Among the characteristics of this auxiliary material is resistance to high temperatures. This makes it an indispensable assistant in creating things from baked clay, because the part can be heat treated along with the paste.
Thanks to the development of technology has become realindependently to produce reusable forms. Silicone paste for molds is designed to help in this process and greatly simplify it. It gives the opportunity to create smooth products for the impression of the desired object. And this means that you do not have to spend any more time searching for the required mold, because you can make it yourself.
It is suitable for home and professionalapplications in many areas: cooking, making jewelry, soap, toys, clothing items. In addition, the mass is easy to use, so if you want, you can connect children to the process.
Silicone paste allows you to make molds notonly with casts of objects. It also produces excellent textural sheets with original ornament according to the sketches of the master himself. In short, with the help of this material, products of any complexity are created.
How to work with pasta?
As an example, the instruction from SILLI will be used, as many prefer it:
- Choose a sample of the future product. Since the material is non-toxic, everything can be used as a preform: from a bead to a chocolate candy.
- Mix in equal proportions the components of the paste,knead the resulting mass in the fingers for 60 seconds to a uniform dense state. The desired consistency will be maintained for 10 minutes, so it is desirable to have everything at hand. In addition, manufacturers strongly recommend not kneading too much silicone at a time. If it is necessary to make several molds, the remaining mass is removed to the refrigerator - there it will not begin to harden.
- Before creating a cast of a substance, give the desiredshape. Then, insert a sample into it, gently pushing it inside. Be sure to make sure that the silicone paste covers the object completely, and the layer taken is thick enough.
- Form together with the workpiece should be left to hardenat room temperature. The exposure time depends on the brand and type of material used. Usually it's 30-60 minutes, but there are exceptions. For example, one of the obsolete products of the company Sillicreations required up to three hours. It is advisable to place the future mold wherever small children and animals can not reach it.
- Remove the sample from the mold and leave it to freezefor another two days. If there is no such amount of time, the mold is placed in an oven heated to 100 degrees. The approximate exposure time is 10 minutes. However, it is still worthwhile to make sure that the silicone paste has hardened.
- Before use, hold the mold under hot water.
Like any other material, the paste has its own nuances and recommendations for use, compliance with which greatly simplifies the task. For example:
- To avoid contamination of the work surface, it is worth using a mold mat.
- Work with silicone with clean and dry hands. And better in gloves - this will protect him from fingerprints.
- Before using the form you need to make sure of its strength.
Silicone paste is stored for productionMoldov in any dark place, most importantly, away from children and animals. Despite the absence of toxic substances in the composition, it is not advisable to swallow the mass, and if this happens, a gastric lavage will be required.</ p>