There are many inflammatory diseases, which are effectively treated with Dimexide. The use of this drug is based on its pharmacological properties.
The active basis of the drug is dimethyl sulfadoxide - a substance with a specific odor. Its crystals are hygroscopic. This substance is easily mixed in any ratio with alcohol and water.
The drug "Dimexide", the use of whichit is advisable as an anti-inflammatory agent (topically), undiluted or as a solution (10-70%) penetrates through the skin and has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic effect. It is produced in glass bottles ranging from 40 to 120 ml.
Indications for the use of this drugThe remedies are: arthritis rheumatoid, deforming osteoarthritis, arthropathy, Bechterew's disease, sprains, edema, bruises, traumatic infiltrates. With some other diseases, it is also recommended to take the drug "Dimexide". Its use in abscesses, purulent wounds, osteomyelitis, streptoderma, nodal erythema rather quickly alleviates the patient's condition. In complex therapy of scleroderma, erysipelas, furunculosis, acne it is prescribed with antimicrobial drugs. The drug "Dimexide", the use of which in combination with heparin is effective in thrombophlebitis, is most often used when applying applications.
There are such ways of using this medicine:
- In the form of an aqueous 30-50% solution for compresses and tampons, which are applied to the affected area. With trophic ulcers and erysipelas, 2-3 p. in a day.
- With eczema, diffuse streptodermia, pustular diseases, compresses with 50-90% solution of the drug "Dimexide" are used.
- For local anesthesia apply 30-50% aqueous solution 2-3 r. a day in the form of compresses applied to the affected areas.
- When plastic surgery, treatment of burns use bandages impregnated with 20-30% solution.
- For postoperative complications, the drug is applied to wounds and infiltrates.
- Electrophoresis with dimexidum is prescribed forensuring the best penetration of this substance through the skin. The amount of the drug entering the tissue in this case is up to 5% of its original volume. At electrophoresis the greatest depth of penetration of a medicament and strengthening of its therapeutic properties is marked.
The drug "Dimexide", the use of which is usuallydoes not cause serious consequences, is rarely accompanied by side effects such as pruritus, erythema, dizziness, insomnia, dermatitis, adynamia, diarrhea, nausea, bronchospasm.
Contraindications: hypersensitivity, cardiovascular insufficiency, angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, glaucoma, dysfunction of the liver and kidneys, coma, stroke, pregnancy, cataract, lactation. The drug "Dimexide", whose use for the treatment of elderly people is very limited, is also contraindicated in patients under 12 years old.
Overdose is possible only at very high concentrations. Symptoms: abnormalities of the digestive tract, headache, drowsiness.
The drug "Dimexid" in cosmetology is used forimproving the condition of the hair and facial skin. To this end, they apply a variety of masks, which include this tool. The use of the drug should be coordinated with a trichologist and a cosmetologist, since its misuse can worsen the condition of the hair and skin. Therapeutic face masks, which make up this drug, activate the cellular metabolism, improve blood circulation and allow the components to penetrate deeply under the covers. Such masks are used for problematic skin, as they disinfect and dry it.