As you know, the engine at work allocatescolossal amount of heat. In order not to overheat the unit and the details of the crank mechanism, there are channels for the cooling liquid in the internal combustion engine. It prevents the engine from overheating, which is deadly to the unit and head. After all, with the slightest overheating, the cylinder head starts to "lead." And it is not always possible to restore it with a groove. In today's article, we will pay attention to antifreezes, in particular red.
It is worth noting that G12 antifreeze is red - not the only representative of cooling liquids.
- G11. This domestic antifreeze and blue antifreeze. Used on cars until 1996.
- G12. Now this is the most common group of antifreezes, which is used by the world's leading automakers. The composition has a more sparing structure, and also differs by the presence of carboxylate additives. Can be painted not only in red, but also lilac shade.
- G13. At the moment it is the most environmentally friendly cooler for internal combustion engines. It has excellent properties and characteristics. However, in view of the high cost, it is not used as widely as the previous group. In addition, fluids such as G13 are not designed for brass and copper radiators.
Regardless of the type, any cooler has a uniform composition and similar technical characteristics. Antifreeze G12 red is not an exception.
- Antifoam. Reduce the risk of foam formation in the expansion tank while circulating fluid in the system.
- Anticorrosive. Prevent rusting of metal elements in the engine and radiator.
- Additives that protect the rubber components. These include gaskets, branch pipes and hoses, through which the radiator is connected to the expansion tank.
This is the main additive list. In addition, there are a number of other additives designed to improve wear resistance and increase the life of the coolant. Thanks to them, the temperature indicators also increase. It is on the number, as well as the properties of additives, and it depends on which group the cooler belongs to. So, the 11th group has the lowest performance indicators. The freezing point is not lower than -30 degrees Celsius, and the service life is not more than two years.
Red antifreeze G12 has more advancedspecifications. So, it works in a range from -45 to +110 degrees Celsius. The service life is about five years. Therefore, if a question arises about the choice of blue antifreeze, or antifreeze from the 12th group, this factor should be taken into account. The red cooler is slightly more expensive, but it will pay off already for the third year of operation.
Many motorists do not know, but without dependencefrom the group, all antifreezes are a colorless liquid. However, at the final stage of production, they are painted in a certain color. What is this for?
Also, the liquid is stained to determine itsperformance properties. The fact is that over time the cooler loses its characteristics. Anti-corrosion and anti-foam additives stop working, flakes are formed. Along with this, the very color of the antifreeze also changes.
Antifreeze G12 red "Dzerzhinsky"
It is a cooler from LLC "Dzerzhinsky plant of organic synthesis". It is a carboxylate antifreeze, manufactured using the technology of organic acids.
- The boiling point is 109 degrees Celsius.
- The crystallization temperature is -41 degrees.
- The mass fraction of the distilled liquid at 150 ° C does not exceed 49%, which is higher than the requirements of the technical regulations.
Judging by the reviews, this is a very good product. However, this is not the case with all the coolers of this company. A lot of negativity poured into the direction of the antifreeze "Dzerzhinsky". The reviews indicate that the cooler is boiling at a temperature of 91 degrees. The composition does not cope with its task.
Antifreeze G12 red Felix
This is also a product of Russian production. Officially delivered to AvtoVAZ. Red antifreeze G12 "Felix" is designed to block foci of corrosion inside the system due to a set of quality additives. In the line there are products for both aluminum and copper radiators. Also in the "Felix" is a separate line for trucks with diesel engines. Judging by the responses, the product has good protection against scale and deposits. Unlike Dzerzhinsky, G12 antifreeze (red concentrate of Felix brand) has more positive reviews.
How to mix?
It is worth noting that most productsImport production is not a diluted liquid, but a concentrate. No exception is the anti-freeze G12 red VAG (from Volkswagen-Audi groups). The instruction says that it is not necessary to dilute it. But if necessary, it can be replenished, so as not to mix with other liquids of a different class and color. And you can dilute it with distilled water.
In what proportion is mixed?
It depends on the region of operation. For medium latitudes the concentrate can be diluted in a proportion of 50/50 (but not more, otherwise the freezing point will drop to -20 or less degrees). Do not mix antifreeze with other cooler groups, nor with ordinary tap water. This will worsen the properties of the concentrate until internal corrosion and foam formation occur. When mixed with a distilled liquid, the properties of the coolant remain practically unchanged.
So, in this article, we found out what the red antifreeze is, and what properties it has.</ p>