Pregnancy is one of the most excitingperiods in the life of every woman and those around her, loving people. The weight of restrictions imposed on the habitual way of life is caused by the fact that during pregnancy the health of the future baby is the main one, which can be exposed to unfavorable factors even before the birth of the child. That is why the future mothers are often concerned about a lot of questions, one of which we will try to answer in this article. It is about whether it is possible for pregnant women to drink coffee?
Can pregnant women drink coffee? - this is a rather common question asked by women who are expecting the birth of a child. Is it harmful for pregnant women to drink coffee? - an unambiguous answer to this question, unfortunately not. Moreover, around the caffeine and its reception during pregnancy among doctors are the whole discussions and there are serious disputes. Some doctors do not forbid their patients to drink coffee, that is, they think that pregnant women can drink coffee and even need to do it, only the amount of an invigorating drink is limited. Other specialists tend to have the conviction that coffee for a woman "in a position" is contraindicated, and they forbid it to be used under any circumstances. Well, let's try to understand this question and find the answer, is it possible for pregnant women to drink coffee in fact.
Caffeine is often referred to as medicine. This substance is included in hundreds of drugs. In particular, caffeine is a part of the tablets that help cope with the headache, overcome hypertension and many others. WHO criteria for caffeine is identified as a narcotic drug, because the effect of this substance on the body is very similar to the action of amphetamines, and cocaine, causing the development of dependence. Caffeine is characterized by the ability to instantaneously overcome the blood-brain barrier, entering the brain and other human organs with blood. And this applies to both adults and the fetus. As a result of studies conducted by US and British scientists in 2008-2009, it was concluded that pregnant women consuming caffeine in an amount exceeding 200 milligrams per day are at increased risk of miscarriage. This figure is doubled, which makes one think about the benefits of a cup of hot drink, so beloved by many women.
In addition to the above, the researchers call attention to several other aspects of the effect of caffeine on the body:
- The risk of a child's birth before the term increases by 60% for women consuming coffee in quantities exceeding three cups a day;
- It is proved that the fetus, which is borne by the mother consuming coffee (and regardless of its quantity), disturbs the development of the skeleton, as well as of the nervous system;
- Caffeine has the ability to easily enter the developing fetus through the placenta. In addition, this substance is transmitted to the child during breastfeeding;
- The ability of the fetus to detoxify caffeine increases in proportion to the increase in body weight. In other words, in the early stages of pregnancy, drinking coffee is more dangerous !;
- Even if the amount of drink consumed by the pregnant woman is minimal, it leads to a change in the heart rate, as well as the respiratory rate in the fetus;
- The ability of caffeine to perform in theas a diuretic, which is due to a decrease in blood flow to the placenta in women who use it. It should be noted that this factor is fraught with serious consequences for the future child.
Thus, the correct answer to the question iswhether pregnant women drink coffee, most likely, will be - undesirable! Those wishing to reduce the negative impact of the substance on the fetus can benefit from the following recommendations. You can drink an exceptionally weak drink, prepared on filtered water. In addition, it is strictly not recommended to drink a drink that is imported from countries that allow the use of pesticides for its cultivation. It should be noted that almost all drinks imported to the domestic market do not meet this requirement.</ p>