Gastrocardial syndrome, or Remkheld's disease,- a syndrome in which there is a complex of heart disorders caused by food intake. Especially often it occurs when overeating. This disease was first described by L. Rehmeld in 1912. Initially, this disease was considered as a neurosis of the heart.
American doctors do not recognize this syndrome as a disease, believing that it simply does not exist. The disease is recognized in some European countries, including Russia.
Remkheld syndrome (gastrocardial syndrome): the causes of
Remkheld's syndrome is more common in humans,suffering from vegetovascular diseases, hernia of the esophagus, ulcer of the stomach and gastrointestinal tract, malignant neoplasms of the esophagus and excess weight. As a rule, the main cause of the syndrome is excessive excitation of the vagus nerve.
Remkheld's syndrome: symptoms and manifestations
- Constant weakness and high fatigue.
- Blanching of the skin.
- Feeling of anxiety.
- Problems with sleep.
- Pain in the chest and heart.
- Cold sweating.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Diagnosis of the disease
When you go to the doctor, you have an anamnesis. An examination of the heart, stomach and esophagus is prescribed. If the results of the study do not show any cardiac changes on the ECG, and ultrasound of the abdominal cavity and radiography reveal diseases of the stomach, esophagus and diaphragm, the diagnosis is: Remkhelda syndrome, or gastrocardial syndrome. Treatment is carried out under the supervision of the attending physician.
Particular attention should be paid to the heart of the patient. If the patient complains of the appearance of rapid heartbeats, not only after eating, this may indicate the onset of angina pectoris.
Treatment of gastrocardial syndrome
- The food should be small portions, at least 4 times a day, while the diet should be excluded from all fatty and fried foods.
- The last meal should consist of light foods, so as not to overwork the stomach during sleep.
- Do not eat spicy or salted foods.
- Do not eat too hot food.
- Increase the amount of fiber in the diet, it facilitates digestion and eliminates constipation when eating foods containing large amounts of protein.
- Exclude from the diet legumes and any other products that cause increased formation of gases.
- Monitor intestinal activity, avoid disorders and constipation.
- To restore normal cardiac activity, use mild sedatives, which include herbal preparations.
- In case of painful symptoms, take antispasmodics.
- In case of excess weight, measures are taken to eliminate this problem.
In the event that the drug treatment was ineffective, resort to an operative intervention, in which the hernia gates are sutured, and the stomach is fixed.
If the patient is diagnosed with "Remkheld syndrome" (gastrocardial syndrome), the treatment will be most effective only if the doctor's recommendations are fully observed.
How to avoid the return of the disease
After eliminating all disturbing symptoms andmanifestations of the disease should not abandon the prescribed diet in order to avoid relapse. People who are susceptible to this disease are advised to follow not only their food, but also the health of their nervous system. This is why a variety of herbal sedatives are prescribed. At the same time, the right way of life, proper nutrition, absence of bad habits and constant sports activities will help to avoid the return of the disease in the future.
What can be confused gastrocardial syndrome
Precisely because of the neglect of one's ownhealth can miss a very dangerous disease for a person's life, so it is important to consult a specialist, carry out all the necessary research and prescribe the necessary treatment.</ p>