Who is a system engineer? What is interesting in his work? All this will be discussed in this article.
Who is a system engineer?
This specialist is responsible for maintainingthe necessary state of global and local computer networks. Complex systems with a multilevel topology can sometimes fail, stop working. The task of the representative of the profession in question is to ensure the optimal operation of each computer. It is irreplaceable for a system engineer in offices, shops, in production, in various kinds of firms, and so on.
A quality specialist must establishoperating systems, maintain various components of programs in proper condition, repair parts and components that are out of order. Work is difficult and difficult. It is necessary to understand the responsibility that lies with just one person. After all, the work of an enterprise depends on the engineer.
Duties of the engineer-system engineering
What is an engineer-programmer-system technician obliged to do?
After repair it is necessary to ask the employees,whether there are still problems with computers. If they are not available, you can go home or to another enterprise where you have to do all the same work.
Requirements for the profession
A system engineer is a very responsible and difficult profession. Like any other specialist, a representative of the profession in question must have certain skills and qualities.
The specialist must have such importantqualities, like care, accuracy, scrupulousness and patience. The engineer-system engineer, in addition to everything, should have an excellent memory, developed technical thinking and the ability to constantly improve. Computer technology is progressing and changing. That's why stagnation in the mind of the programmer-engineer in any case should not be.
Must be a representative of the profession in questionHave and such an important quality, as sociability. This is due, first, to working in a team of the same engineers, and secondly, with constant communication with people. It is necessary to listen calmly and attentively to the employees of the firm who are trying to explain what the problem is with their computers. So without communication, the work will stand.
System engineer: the pros and cons of the profession
As in any other profession, in the craft of programmers, engineers have their pros and cons.
The following advantages of the profession can be singled out:
- Comfortable working conditions. As a rule, the working day passes in the computer center.
- Unregulated work schedule. After completing all the work, the system engineer can easily go home. However, everything here depends on the firm.
- Good salary. In a month you can earn from 16 to 30 thousand rubles. The income can depend on the amount of work done.
- Free time. Sometimes at work there is really free time, which can be devoted to rest or self-development.
Disadvantages of the profession:
- The presence in the staff of computer operators unskilled, and therefore, illiterate people.
- Great requirements for work. This can also include a considerable number of duties.
The advantages of this profession are much greater. Perhaps, it is because of this that the specialty of a software engineer is so popular today.
The rights of the engineer-system engineering
As in any other craft, in the profession in question there is an official instruction of the engineer-system engineer.
- The programmer-system technician can demand from the superiors of the enterprise various kinds of assistance. It can touch rights and professional duties.
- The employee has every right to get acquainted with the plans and decisions of the authorities, which, in one way or another, may concern the activities of the employee.
- The employee has the right to recruit specialists from otherstructural units, in order to solve various kinds of problems (in the absence of regulations on structural subdivisions, such action is permitted only with the consent of the authorities).
- The introduction of various proposals to improve their work. The engineer-system engineer also has every right to this. Obligations from this, of course, will not decrease.
- The employee has the right to receive reliable information and documents reflecting the essence of the work, as well as necessary to perform the duties.
The rights of the engineer-system engineer are thus voluminous and fair.
On responsibility in the profession
Quite a large number of duties have a system engineer. The specialty because of this seems very difficult and responsible.
- for the systematic or complete failure to perform their professional duties;
- for improper performance of their professional duties;
- for damage to private property (property damage);
- for offenses or crimes committed in the course of their labor activity.
It is necessary to agree that responsibility inThe instructions of the engineer-system engineer are spelled out quite clearly and capaciously. The qualitative expert is obliged to know, for what can incur responsibility, and therefore must competently conduct his labor activity.
About the 1st and 2nd categories of the engineer-system engineering
The profession in question has two categories. The representative of each of them is obliged to know about his special duties.
The engineer-system engineer, having the 1st category, is obliged:
- To put in his absence a replacement - his deputy.
- Clearly know the rules of the domain device.
- Have an idea of working with different operating systems.
- Know the system of working directory names on the web.
- Have an idea about operating systems and their detailed settings.
The engineer-system technician of the 2nd category is obliged:
- Know the basics of information security.
- Know about the rules of interaction on the Web.
- Have an idea of the basic settings of operating systems.
- Know about the rules of operation and detailed settings of the protocol type TCP / IP.
On the importance of the profession in question
In conclusion,how important and useful is the profession in question. After all, we know for sure that the specialty of the programmer-engineer-system engineering is very much in demand today. Many young people, having graduated from the university with a specialization in "specialization in computer networks and microelectronics", are working specifically for the post in question.
Today's world can not be imagined withoutcomputers: almost any work is connected with them. A system engineer is a person who does not allow technology to fail. That is why the considered profession is so important and useful for society.</ p>