A doctor is a noble and useful profession, because thesespecialists save lives and save millions of people from suffering. Unfortunately, today there is no due respect, but the demand for the profession is high.
Specialty of the doctor: basic requirements
Let's list some characteristics that are inherent in successful doctors:
- love of people and living nature, humane views;
- good voluntary attention, which helps to find minor manifestations of the disease;
- well-developed memory (for remembering the symptoms of diseases and medications);
- deft hands for procedures;
- psychological balance;
- responsibility and love for cleanliness;
- quick reaction and a high degree of self-control.
These qualities help doctors to providemedical services in a timely and efficient manner. They are universal for all, despite the fact that there are many medical directions that differ from each other not only by the specific nature of the work, but also by its subject matter.
Specialties of doctors treating skin diseases
There are several areas that are dedicated to studying and curing diseases that appear on the skin.
- Dermatologist. The work of these doctors is aimed at eliminating psoriasis, neurodermatitis, eczema, fungal lesions and age-related dysfunctions of the skin. Also, these specialists are cured of scalp and hair diseases.
- Cosmetologist. It deals with the removal of pigment spots, vascular asterisks, birthmarks. He also conducts cosmetic procedures for healing the skin.
Specialties of doctors involved in the violation of the NA and psychopathology
Among this category are most common psychologists, neuropathologists and psychiatrists.
- The psychologist does not cure pathology, but adjusts the activity of a person so that his condition does not lead to the development of an obvious mental disorder.
- The psychiatrist is engaged in pathology. He prescribes medicines that correct mental processes.
- The neurologist is engaged in normalizing the work of the brain and spinal cord, as well as the peripheral nervous system.
Specialties of doctors treating bone tissue
This group of specialists is engaged in the treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system and diseases of bone tissues.
- Orthopedist. It corrects violations in the musculoskeletal system: deformities in the shape of the foot, curvature of the posture, etc. Drugs are less often prescribed by this doctor, the main methods of treatment are physical exercises (exercise therapy) and the use of orthopedic adaptations.
- Doctor dentist-surgeon (maxillofacial)is engaged not only in eliminating the pathologies of the jaw and teeth, but also treating the diseases of the mouth, border areas of the face, neck. This is a narrower specialization in dentistry. General dental practice is devoted to the treatment and prevention of dental caries, the elimination of problems caused by mechanical damage to teeth. The diseases that the dentist treats are not as specific as those that are eliminated by the maxillofacial surgeon.
- Rheumatologist. This doctor deals with the treatment of diseases that affect the joints and connective tissues.
Other specialties of doctors
- ENT - this area is dedicated to curediseases of the throat, ears and nose. Sometimes these specialists are engaged in surgical operations - removal of adenoids, tonsils, correction of the nasal septum, etc.
- The endocrinologist is engaged in elimination of pathologies of functions of endocrine glands.
- The gastroenterologist treats diseases of the whole digestive tract.
- The mammologist is engaged in examination and correction of violations in the mammary glands. Previously, this specialization was not so common, but at present it can not be attributed to rare.
- Allergist. This doctor does not cure a specific organ, but the specificity of his activity is related to a general examination of the body, special attention is paid to the digestive organs, since allergic reactions are often associated with abnormalities in the digestive tract.
The listed specialties are only a small partexisting spectrum of medical directions. They are some of the most common and quite specific, but nevertheless, these experts are being asked to know not only the narrow medical direction (because many diseases affect several systems and organs simultaneously), but also the possession of complex information.</ p>