Anyone has relatives, but notEveryone knows that several levels of kinship are expected. It is also interesting that, in addition to the familiar names of kinship relations, there are also ancient names, some of which in modern life received a different meaning.
Steps of kinship
- The first stage of kinship is the relationship between the daughter and the father, the son and the mother, the son and the father, the daughter and the mother.
- The second step in the relationship is the relationship between grandchildren and grandparents.
- To the third degree of kinship relations are equaled those between great-grandchildren and grandfathers and great-grandmothers, and also the relationship between nephews and aunts with uncles.
- For the fourth degree of kinship cousins and brothers, nephews (nieces) and cousins grandfather and grandmother are suitable.
- By the fifth step of the kinship relationship, the connection between the cousin's nephew (nephew) and the cousin uncle (aunt) is equated.
- By the sixth degree of kinship are related ties between second cousins and sisters.
Who is the daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law, and also daughterand son? Snohoy is considered the son of a son in relation to father-in-law (so young calls her husband's father). The son is an old name, he used to say his son's wife. Such a concept has survived, perhaps only in those families that honor Old Russian traditions. A daughter in Russia was the wife of her son, only a father-in-law, that is, her husband's father. At present, traditions are changed, and the daughter-in-law is called mother-in-law and father-in-law, that is, both parents of her husband. The daughter-in-law is the wife of the son in relation to his mother.
Transformation of traditions
If you follow the old customs, then the son's wifecould be called his mother and father differently, his father had the right to call a young daughter-in-law, and call his mother a daughter-in-law. In the age of computer technology, the woman who entered into a legal marriage with a man becomes a sister-in-law for all his numerous relatives. Both sisters and brothers of men have the right to call the legal wife of a man by this name. It will also have such status for all the husbands of the sisters, as well as the wives of the brothers of their spouse.
The position of the daughter-in-law in a harmonious family
This is why in such familiesmother-in-law, such appeals as "daughter, daughter" to his son's wife. In the family for the daughter-in-law or daughter-in-law, the role of the true keeper of the family hearth is assumed. This woman not only gives birth, brings up a child (children), but also must maintain family relations with other family members of her spouse. It is the daughter-in-law that is considered to be the link in the establishment of relations between her relatives and her husband's relatives. A difficult task is entrusted to the daughter-in-law, not all young women cope with it, but it's not for nothing that they say that the wife is the neck and the husband is the head. If the wife wants, she will always find ways to establish relations between relatives, creating a real family hearth, will cultivate family relations, educate their children in such traditions.