Chlorhexidine solution is the most populara means for disinfection, disinfection and prevention of infection of blood with an open wound. Recently, this drug is recommended for the treatment of any wounds, including child abrasions. Due to the fact that the drug "Chlorhexidine" does not cause painful sensations when applied to the wound, they can replace the traditional iodine and zelenok. This medicine should be in any medicine cabinet, both home and industrial. Since the drug has a lot of indications for use and has effective disinfecting properties, it is convenient to take it with you to travel and various trips - to where the opportunity to thoroughly wash your hands is not always.
The drug "Chlorhexidine": instructions for use
- Used in dentistry as an antiseptic with a haemostatic effect, as well as for external use as a caries prevention;
- It is used in gynecology as a drug that improves tissue regeneration and has an antimicrobial effect;
- is intended for external use as an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and improving tissue regeneration of the drug.
The drug "Chlorhexidine" is a highly effective antiseptic. A drug
is active against all forms of bacteria, anddermatophytes, lipophilic viruses and yeast. At an elevated temperature, it also acts on bacterial spores. The solution "Chlorhexidine" gently cleanses and disinfects the skin.
Describing the action of the drug "Chlorhexidine", the instruction on the use of the following functions of the drug:
- disinfection of the skin, antiseptic treatment of wounds, including burns;
- disinfection and antiseptic treatment of handsmedical personnel before various procedures, as well as processing or soaking in the preparation of a medical instrument for the purpose of its sterilization and disinfection;
- disinfection and antiseptic treatment of devices and surfaces where heat treatment is not possible or undesirable;
- for topical application: with many gynecological diseases, the prevention of a number of sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis. To prevent a sexually transmitted disease, it is necessary to use the drug immediately or within two hours after the end of sexual intercourse;
- for topical application: with such dental and ENT diseases as stomatitis, aphthae, gingivitis, periodontitis, alveolitis, as well as sore throat and postoperative care of patients, disinfection of removable dentures.
Dosage and ways of using this drugdepend on its dosage form and indications for use. Before using the drug "Chlorhexidine" instructions for use should be studied in full, to avoid mistakes.
Avoid contact with eyes (excepta special form of the solution "Chlorhexidine", designed specifically for washing the eyes), inadmissible contact with the auditory nerve and the medullary membranes. In other cases, the medicine will not harm the patient.
Chlorhexidine: contraindications for use
The main contraindication is increasedsensitivity to the drug. In other cases, including children and infancy, pregnancy (in most cases) the use of this medication is not dangerous and does not cause problems.
Chlorhexidine solution: how to make a drug
As a preventive or curativethe drug is recommended for use topically or externally: 0.05; Use 0.2 or 0.5% aqueous solutions in the form of rinses, irrigations or appliqués. 5-10 ml of Chlorhexidine solution should be applied to the affected area, wound or mucous membrane (by wetting the tampon in the preparation, rinsing or irrigation) for 1-3 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day. In any case, beforehand (prior to the use of the drug "Chlorhexidine") instructions for use should be fully read.</ p>