Varicose veins, accompanied by lossthe elasticity of the walls of the vessels, the increase in the length of the veins. There is swelling and stretching of blood vessels, during the process of reverse outflow of blood there is a malfunction, the veins become convoluted. In some parts of the vessels nodes are formed in the form of blisters. It was they who gave the name of the disease. "Varicose" from Latin - "knot". We will discuss risk factors and treatment of varicose veins in the article.
The disease can affect the rectum, seminala cord, but most often varicose veins appear on the legs. According to statistics, a quarter of the adult population of the planet are susceptible to varicose veins. And mostly women suffer from this disease. The first signs of varicose appear usually at an early age, when a person is still active. It's about 30 to 40 years.
Consider the main risk factors and treatment of varicose veins.
- A person may have a predisposition todisease. It is expressed in the weakness of the valves of the vessels, which is associated with defects in the connective tissue structure. Therefore, often varicose veins are inherited, usually from mother to daughter.
- Provoke disease can bearchild and childbirth. While the fetus develops, it slowly clamps the veins located in the abdominal cavity. This provokes a violation of blood flow, the legs become "heavy". At the hormonal level, changes occur that cause thinning of the walls of the vessels. At the time of birth there is an increase in intra-abdominal pressure, veins increase, the load on the venous apparatus becomes enormous. Statistics confirm that varicose veins in 30% of women begins precisely during the period of childbirth.
- We continue to disassemble risk factors and treatmentvaricose veins. Difficult outflow of blood often occurs with a long stay on the legs. Therefore, in the risk zone are people of such professions, as waiters, salesmen, teachers, hairdressers, surgeons. But the constant presence in the sitting position also causes great harm to the circulation of blood. Therefore, office workers, managers, drivers, accountants, etc. suffer from varicose veins. Exacerbate the situation of bad habits: sitting with a leg thrown to the leg, bend under one or both legs.
- People whose activities are associated with the riseweight, are prone to varicose veins. These include stevedores, athletes, builders, etc. The risk arises from the increase in abdominal pressure when lifting weights. People who spend a lot of time in fitness halls on heavy workouts can also gradually acquire varicose veins.
- Treatment of leg varicosity is often required for women taking hormonal contraceptives.
- Sexual maturation, menopause, pregnancy - the cause of thinning of the walls of blood vessels, because hormonal changes in the body occur.
- There are also elderly people in the risk zone. They have varicose veins due to hormonal imbalance, age-related changes in blood vessels, circulatory disorders. Additional factors that cause varicose disease include: constipation, chronic cough, obesity, wearing tight shoes and clothes.
How to get rid of varicose veins? First of all, you need to contact a specialist. The phlebologist is engaged in the treatment of varicose veins. There are several methods to completely remove the affected vessels.
- Sclerotherapy. In the vein is introduced a special drug - sclerosant. It acts on the walls of the vessel like cement - glues it. The movement of blood continues through healthy veins.
- Laser therapy. Analog sclerotherapy. The difference is that laser therapy does not involve piercing. The laser does the gluing work right through the skin.
- Venectomy. An operation in which veins are removed from the body. Currently, this method is rarely used in phlebology. After surgery, a person wears compression underwear for 2 years.
- Hirudotherapy - treatment with leeches. Nature is helping man. Now this method is widely used. It has established itself as one of the most effective.
So, we examined the risk factors and treatment of varicose veins. If there are signs of varicose disease, consult a doctor - he will consult on the issue of treatment and further prevention.</ p>