Gaseous formation in the intestine is quite normalphysiological process. Inadequate or inappropriate nutrition and various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract can lead to excessive formation of gases. In such cases, there are unpleasant sensations and symptoms.
Causes of enhanced gas formation
Gases accumulate if there is a violationdigestion, and in the intestinal mucus is formed. In this case, the intestinal gases turn into a number of smallest bubbles that envelop the walls, interfering with digestion and absorption. A person suffering from flatulence, can feel cramping rubs in the abdomen, sometimes there is an eructation, nausea or vomiting, in rare cases.
Gaseous formation in the intestine can become excessive for a number of reasons:
- Insufficient number of enzymes. It is for this reason that infants often have bloating. Flatulence can occur in both children and adults in the presence of pancreatitis, duodenitis, gastritis and other diseases associated with a lack of enzymes.
- Dysbacteriosis of different origin.
Surgical interventions that led to a violation of intestinal motility. With the delayed movement of food masses in the damaged area of the intestine, gas bubbles accumulate.
- Products that stimulate gassing in the intestine. These include carbonated drinks, lamb (stimulates fermentation processes), kvass.
- Nervous disorders. Intensified gas formation in the intestine can be observed as a result of stress or depression. In this case, it is caused by a spasm of smooth muscles.
Determination of the cause of excessive accumulation of gases allows the appointment of appropriate therapy.
How to treat bloating
Depending on the reasons identified, the following treatment is prescribed:
- correction of diet or the appointment of therapeutic nutrition;
- treatment of diseases that caused the appearance of flatulence;
- restoration of intestinal motility;
- taking drugs to remove accumulated gases;
- taking probiotics to restore normal microflora.
Enhanced gas formation in the intestine is treatedusually a whole set of measures. For their correct appointment, a mandatory appeal to the gastroenterologist is required. Often, flatulence is one of the symptoms of serious diseases (adhesions, tumors), and timely access to a doctor will be the key to proper diagnosis and increase the chances of recovery.</ p>