Thyroid gland in women is a small organ, butwhich is of great importance in the work of all systems of the body. And now endocrine diseases have become a very urgent problem, which must be solved. Why? The thing is that the thyroid gland in women directly affects the digestive system, speeding up or slowing down the process, as well as the work of the genitals. Violations in the endocrine system can provoke infertility, therefore it is very important to visit an endocrinologist in order to make sure there are no thyroid diseases.
Constant mood swings, tearfulness,a depressive condition, irregular menstrual cycle, hair loss, poor skin condition - all this happens if the thyroid gland in women is not working properly. The photo gives an idea of the symptoms, but it is possible to diagnose the disturbances only in the doctor's office and after taking the appropriate tests for hormones.
Depending on the type of endocrine disease, the symptoms that accompany it also differ:
- Hyperthyroidism. This type of disease can be diagnosed when the thyroid gland in women is too active, producing an excessive amount of thyroid-stimulating hormone. This is due to the fact that the immune system for one reason or another produces a huge amount of antibodies. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are the following: increased sweating, irritability, nervous breakdowns, upset of the gastrointestinal tract, sudden weight loss, violation of menstrual cycles, and others.
- Hypothyroidism. It is observed in women with reduced thyroid function and a deficiency of thyroid-stimulating hormone. As a rule, this disease is accompanied by rapid fatigue, drowsiness, uncontrolled weight gain, low blood pressure, constipation, too much bleeding during menstruation.
- A common disease occurs whenhormone replacement therapy, which greatly increases the level of hormones in the blood. Symptoms: swelling of the eyes, formation of goiter, difficulty in breathing, heat intolerance and increased sweating, general weakness.
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis. This disease is associated with the activity of the immune system, but in this case, the thyroid gland in women reduces its activity, and a deficiency of hormones is formed. Characterized by: intolerance to low ambient temperatures, increased body weight, hair loss, the appearance of early gray hair.
- Thyroid cancer. A disease in which thyroid gland tissues have malignant neoplasms that affect the organ. Most often in the early stages, the symptoms do not differ from those that occur in autoimmune diseases. However, during the examination, the doctor will be able to determine the cancer nodes.
Apparently, to monitor the state of your health is simply necessary. Treatment of the thyroid gland in women is carried out in a complex manner and only by the appointment of an endocrinologist. Be healthy!</ p>