Smartphone Californian brand Apple - istechnological thoroughness, multiplied by the absolute practicality of the device, and all this is raised to a degree of reliability. Such a statement in favor of the American company mentioned today is a kind of a priori in the mobile device industry. But ... no matter how perfect the "apple" phone, and without a kind of airbag, which can be considered the recovery mode of the iPhone, in a critical situation, the user can not do by definition, since the iOS operating system is a system whose work involves a mandatory process - setting up the functional. About this option and how to use it, you, dear reader, and will learn from the material of the article.
"The trouble has come, where did not expect": briefly about the causes of problems in the iPhone
Like any other computerized system,iOS is at risk of a software failure, which can eventually affect the partial or total inoperability of the device as a whole. Since the iPhone, first of all, is an individual means of communication, its functionality provides the ability to organize certain settings in accordance with the preferences of the user: display brightness, font size, alert type and a number of other changes. At the same time, do not forget that the iPhone is a multifunctional mobile device that can interact with its owner through the installed software. The recovery mode of the iPhone will become a popular tool in case the user makes an incorrect installation of an application or implements third-party software solutions (with active jailbreaking), which ultimately negatively affect the full functionality of the device.
As a reference: the concepts of "upgrade" and "rollback"
Under the title "iPhone Recovery Mode"is meant as a realizable method of returning to the initial settings of the device, so to speak, to the factory settings, and the algorithm of updating the operating environment by completely replacing the system files. At the same time, the OS version can be left the same or upgraded to the current state. The two above-described moments are fundamentally different. Therefore, the user must independently decide which option is most appropriate in terms of implementation. However, in order to determine which method is the most rational, you should pay attention to the symptoms of the malfunction and only then use the recovery mode of the iPhone.
Analysis and Diagnostics
So first of all it is necessary to understand what exactly happened with the phone:
- During the operation of the communication device, systematic "glitches" are observed.
- The phone "freezes" and does not respond at all to pressing the navigation keys.
- At the first stage of downloading iOS, the logo "hangs", without any obvious signs of OS activity.
- When you turn on the phone black screen and nothing more ...
- The mobile device spontaneously reboots.
- The user firmly believes that the phone was not subjected to any mechanical influences, while the touch panel or one of the devices of the device: bluetooth, Wi-Fi or camera ceased to work.
How to enable iPhone recovery mode: step-by-step instruction
Do not resort immediately to cardinal measures,one of which is considered to be a direct reflash process. It is likely that the elementary "dump" will be exactly the same means of restoring the working capacity of the illuminated communication device. Perhaps, the activated "Recovery Mode" can cure the mobile ailment. Start with simple solutions and only if they are useless, go to more serious scenarios of iPhone-reincarnation.
Step # 1: Banal Reload
- It is necessary to simultaneously hold down the "On" and "Home" keys and keep them in this state for 10 seconds.
- After the logo appears in the form of a bitten apple, the phone will start to "come to life."
Step # 2: Traditional reset through the settings menu
The recovery mode of iPhone 5 can be activated by using standard device tools.
- Go to the "Settings" menu.
- Then go to the "Basic" tab.
- Activate the "Reset" item.
- From the list that appears, select the type of memory clearing that is most acceptable for you.
Step # 3: How to enter Recovery Mode
In order to use this recovery mode, iPhone 5s or similar device of another modification must be completely turned off.
- Press the "Home" button and, while holding it, connect the USB cable from the kit to the phone.
- Only after the iTunes logo and USB logo is displayed on the mobile screen, you can release the pressed key.
Of course, the connecting cable must beconnected to a computer on which the current version of the above program for working with the iPhone device should be installed. If all of your actions are performed correctly, a service message will appear on the monitor to notify you that the connection was successful.
Step # 4: Return to the original iOS state via Recovery Mode
Knowing how to turn on the iPhone recovery mode is not enough to make the whole process of this kind of software service correctly and correctly.
- After you are connected, a system prompt with three buttons (at the bottom of the window) will appear on the screen: undo, update and restore.
- Your choice is the last option listed.
- In the window that opens iTunes also need to activate the "Restore" button.
- After that, the recovery process will begin.
Step # 5: Update iOS (Device Firmware Update)
Enter iPhone in DFU recovery modequite simply, nevertheless, do not forget that after the subsequent process of the firmware all user information from your device will be destroyed. Therefore, if there is such a possibility, you must first make a backup copy of the data.
- Connect the phone to the computer using a USB connection cable.
- Turn off the device completely.
- Hold the "Home" and "On" buttons for 10 seconds.
- After the above time, release the power key.
- After a while on the computer screena message will appear that the DFU recovery mode of iPhone 5 (the modification is specified as an example) is activated, that is, you can carry out further actions with the phone.
Step # 6: Firmware bypassing the operating system of the device
Despite the fact that the iPhone device screencontinues to frighten its display blackness (meaning the "Device Firmware Update" mode), iTunes determines the connected device and displays a corresponding message on the monitor. The recovery algorithm remains the same (see step # 4). However, in DFU mode, the firmware process is the most correct, since the smartphone memory is subjected to primary formatting and the operating system is installed in the cleared area of the mobile storage.
- Download the latest version of iOS from the official Apple support site.
- While holding down the Shift key, click the Restore button.
- Specify the directory in which the downloaded version of iOS is located.
- After a short process of firmware, the user is given the opportunity to return the saved data (backup) to the updated device.
- If you do not have a backup, just unplug the phone from your computer and deactivate the recovery mode.
iPhone 4 or Apple device of another modificationYou can not flash a low version of iOS. However, this restriction is purely official, as today there are a lot of ways in which the implementation of the older (rather than initially installed in the phone) system software, so to speak, that has proved to be stable, can easily be installed on the iPhone without any further negative consequences. By the way, custom firmware enjoy incredible popularity among the owners of presentable Apple devices, as they allow to significantly expand the functionality of the "mothballed" features of the official version of iOS.
So, before you put iPhone into the moderecovery, it is necessary to be firmly confident in their actions and the correctness of the chosen algorithm of software repair. Meanwhile, it may very well be that the user is using the cloud version of the update - "iCloud". In this case, you need to charge the phone and be prepared for the fact that the recovery process will become somewhat protracted. But there are no guarantees (when using this method) that everything will pass with due success, no, because often the speed of the Internet connection leaves much to be desired. I wish you success in the process of recovery and stable operation of your iPhone device!</ p>