Povolzhsky Institute of Management named after P.A. Stolypin (or PAGS) is a university that specializes in training officials and civil servants. It was founded in the 22nd year of the 20th century, when a communist university was set up for the training of party cadres on the basis of an educational institution for girls.
According to available statistics, more than 60% of graduates,who received diplomas in 2015, were employed, and one in ten entered postgraduate study. This is not surprising, because the university cooperates with virtually all of the potential potential employers in the region - government agencies, municipal administrations, branches of the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation, regional courts, etc.
Also, large banks and the media are becoming a popular place for the device. Those who have received training in the legal profession are looking for work in lawyer and notarial offices.
The Volga Institute of Management named after PA Stolypin includes seven faculties:
- Economics and management - for the training of management personnel, capable of showing themselves in both business structures and civil service.
- Politico-Legal Department - trains specialists in the field of "jurisprudence", as well as political scientists and conflictologists.
- State and municipal management - personnel reserve for government bodies.
- "Higher School of Public Administration" - for the organization of further training by current officials.
- Second higher education.
- Master's and postgraduate courses.
- Department for preparation of pre-university and secondary vocational education programs.
The last faculty is more aimed not atproviding training on the specialties "Management" and "Jurisprudence" as such. The main task of the unit is the preparation of future students for higher education and admission to the Volga Institute of Management. PA Stolypin.
In total, there are 23 departments in the university,graduating specialists, in accordance with the profile of the Presidential Academy. The research staff consists of more than 300 employees, most of whom have academic degrees.
PAGS is currently ranked seventh among other educational institutions in the Saratov region according to the rating of universities.
- First of all, this is the exchange of students and young international scholars;
- holding international conferences in the Volga region;
- obtaining international grants;
- The accumulation of experience for consultations of the Russian authorities on international issues.
Successful PAGS students undergo traininglasting half a year in Slovakia and Belgium within the framework of concluded agreements. It is important to note that full visa support for students is being conducted. Also, teaching staff and students of the university have the opportunity to publish their scientific works in periodicals of foreign partners.
The main priorities in scientific activityinstitutions remain the development and implementation of modern management programs in state structures. In view of the new political and economic challenges that Russia faces, the competent distribution of human resources and their level of qualification is becoming especially relevant.
Thus, the Stolypin Academy today -this is by no means the last institution of higher learning, which is worth paying attention to as an entrant at admission, as well as young scientists, graduate students who would like to find themselves in scientific work.</ p>