One of the distinguishing features of various combat armsis the form. It consists of many parts, but there is one that is the subject of greatest pride. Of course, we are talking about the headdress. For example, takes a paratrooper (photo below) not only covers his head from the wind and the scorching sun, but also is his constant companion.
The purchase of a ready-made beret in our time is not consideredany significant problem, but a special glamor is the independent sewing of this headdress. The pattern of the paratrooper's beret is not particularly difficult. So if you have ever had a needle in your hands, sewing this product will not cause difficulties.
How to sew a beret yourself
Takes a paratrooper, the photo of which you will find in this article, is a product of a soft form. To make it, you do not need a special sewing machine or any special pads.
Since in the pattern of the paratrooper's beret there is nothingcomplex, then you can build it very quickly. The most responsible in the whole process is the removal of measurements. Here you need to be extremely careful, because if you make a mistake at this stage, all further work will go wrong.
To check the quality of the pattern,once again to be convinced of own forces and not to spoil expensive fabric, is better to preliminary carry out "test" sample from an inexpensive fabric. So you can eliminate all the possible flaws and take into account your mistakes when sewing the "basic" model.
Choose a fabric
The quality of the paratrooper's beret, the pattern of which we will consider a little lower, will depend heavily on what fabric it will be sewn.
For the summer option, you can stay on a cloth or a dense cotone. If you want to get a warmer model, a coat, thick cashmere, or a thick fleece will do.
Well, if you want to sew a beret not for a real military man, but, for example, for a children's morning performance, then the fabric can be any. The main thing is that the product resembles the original in style and color.
We take measurements
To pattern a military paratrooper beretit turned out to be correct and beautiful, you need to correctly take measurements, or rather, just one. It is necessary to determine the size of the head correctly. To do this, centimeter tape should be placed at the widest point of the skull. It must pass through the protruding point of the nape and grab the frontal tubercles. The number obtained as a result of measurements will be the size of the headgear. For example, if you intended 58 cm, then you would need to sew a 58-size headgear.
Attention! At the time of measurement, it is very important not to tighten the centimeter tape too much. Otherwise, the paratrooper's beret pattern will be wrong, and the finished product will be small. At the same time, it is not necessary and too "relax" the measuring tape. In this case, the headgear will be too large and will sit ugly.
Pattern beret without visor
The pattern of the paratrooper's beret is so simple thatThere is no need to describe it in detail. Although the pattern presented in this article shows, it seems, a female model, men's military berets are no different from them.
This model is also good in that it instantly acquires the "correct" form. By changing the diameter of the bottom and the rim, you can easily change the level of the "blockage" and achieve the desired result.
The classic paratrooper beret has a one-piecebottom. But if for you it is not important or there are problems with the cloth, the bottom can be cut from two or four pieces. The main thing is that the result is a circle.
Regardless of whether you will take onlining or not, that the product looked nice and neat, you need to carefully process all the seams and edges. Of course, the best way to do this is with the help of an overlock. But if you do not have such an aggregate, an ordinary machine with a "zigzag" function is suitable. Well, in extreme cases you can sweep the edges manually.
In addition, to process the seams you can use the oblique bake. It can also "pack" all the seams and takes will serve its owner much longer.
Sewing takes the paratrooper with his own hands is not at all difficult. Even a novice seamstress can do this. But your nuances are still there:
- When cutting the material, do not forget to leave at least 8 mm for the allowances. If you decide to sew a beret from a synthetic "loose" fabric, then leave it at least 1.5 cm.
- If you decide to sew a real beret paratrooper,then the cup (the size strip adjacent to the forehead) can be made of a dense but flexible fabric. For example, you can take a black skin or dense dermantinum. If the fabric is still too stretch, then to give stiffness, you can glue it with a thin fleece.
- To work with the kappen it was easier, and the beret was better lying on the head, to cut the length of the strip is best along the oblique.
- Since usually the military beret is performed on the lining, the bottom and sides of the headdress should be duplicated on a thin fabric. This can be a simple lining material or a thin jersey.
- Try to cut out the beret details as "one piece" as possible. Remember: numerous joints can significantly change the size of the finished product.
- If the rim consists of several parts, theirmust first be collected in a circle. After this, it is necessary to detach all seams with a beautiful decorative stitch. At the same time, do not forget to check all the time the volume of the lower part with the measuring strip, and the upper dimension with the diameter of the bottom.
- The border is connected with the Donets face to face, and thenthey turn out. The same is done with the lining. In the seam connection of the bottom and the lining, you must leave the "window" not stuck. It is enough 10-12 centimeters.
- Now the seam of the cousin's connection to the side is connected face-to-face with a lining and stitched. Through the left "window" takes it is necessary to unscrew, and the gap is to be closed by hand or stitched.