Not long ago, the Church of the Intercession on Lyshchikova Hill was transferred to the property of the Russian Orthodox Church. Today the building is a cultural heritage of federal significance.
The history of the appearance of the Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin on Lyshikova Hill
Initially, on the site where the church was built,there was a monastery. In the XVII century the Church of the Intercession on Lyshchikova Hill was built. A few decades after the construction, the temple suffered from a fire, and it was decided to build a new building, but at the foot of the mountain.
So at the turn of the XVI-XVII centuries a new church of the Intercession appeared on the Lyshchikova Hill, or rather, at its foot. The consecration of the church passed a couple of years after the construction.
Later, a two-tier bell tower was built. The entrance to the bell tower was on the west side of the church. Under the bell tower there was a porch.
At the end of the XVIII century, Likharev IA rebuilt the refectory in the part of the chapel, which was dedicated to the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God.
Over a hundred years of its existence, the templeThe Protection of the Blessed Virgin on Lyshikova Hill survived two major fires. In both cases the church was restored. After the last repair work the temple was again consecrated.
At the beginning of the XIX century, thanks to financial influencesmerchants of the Sergeyevs, the refectory to the northern part was expanded. This construction made it possible to form one more chapel. But because of Napoleon's attack, construction could not be completed. The church was collapsed and, worst of all, the soldiers of the enemy abused her. Acting rector of the temple at that time was transferred to the ministry in another temple.
Conducting divine services in such conditions is notrepresented any possibility, therefore parishioners were transferred to the church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, who was in the village of Yama. Completely restored the temple as early as 1814.
The Times of the USSR
During the reign of the Communists, the Church of the Intercession onFascist grief was not closed and not restructured, which was a great rarity in times of persecution. On the contrary, from churches that were nearby and were converted into dormitories or other public organizations, they brought icons for storage.
In the late seventies of the last century a new bailiff was built in honor of the closed temple of Simeon Stylite.
Also, the temple managed to survive the Second World Warwar, thanks to the fact that it was defended by the parishioners. That the Bolsheviks did not remove the bells from the bell tower, they were smeared with either paint, or resin or feces. As a result, the soldiers disdained touching them.
The largest bell weighs about 2000 kg. Today, both old and new bells hang on the bell tower of the church.
In the middle of the last century, due to the fact thatSoviet power took all the church premises, there were not enough monasteries. Therefore, in the Intercession Church had to dismantle one of the stairs and make one more extension. After all the buildings were returned to the parish, the extension was not disassembled.
Architecture of the temple
Originally, the building of the temple was of rounded forms. Later, already in 1838, an outbuilding of an unusual form appeared. Its rounded eastern part generalized the fractional part of the aspidum.
Such a solution fits perfectly into the architecture of the late Empire era. It was during this period that the integrity of the whole architectural composition from the side of the street was valued.
This annex was a link between the facade of the building and arched niches.
Those walls that go out into the alley are decoratedrough laying. The old walls are decorated with stucco elements. The angular blades are very similar in appearance to the pilasters. A deaf drum is decorated with a series of miniature kokoshniks.
All major works on architecture were carried out at the expense of two old-timers - Stuzhin and Bernikov. At the expense of the latter, the house of the parable was built.
The clergy of the temple
Rigin V. V. - Archpriest, rector. He was born in 1952. Today he is a candidate of theology.
Archimandrite Domaski-Orlovsky VA was born in 1949.
Motovilov PN - the protoire. Was born in 1963.
Nikolsky AN - Priest. Year of birth - 1965th.
Safronov DO - Priest. Perhaps, one of the youngest ministers, since he was born in 1984.
Makarov A. Yu. - Protodeacon of the parish of the church. Was born in 1979.
The Church of the Intercession on Lyshchikova Gora: how to get there?
The church is located in the city of Moscow, along Lyshkov Pereulok, house 10. You can reach the temple either by public transport or by private transport.
In order to reach the publictransport (by minibus or trolleybus), you need to get to the metro station "Taganskaya". When you exit the metro, you need to go to Bolshaya Radischevskaya Street. Next, you will need to walk a few minutes straight to Nikoloyamskaya Street along the Earthen rampart. Go to the nearest traffic light, then cross the street and turn left. Then turn right in the first side street.
The old name of the last lane is Lyshchikov. The Church of the Intercession on the Lyshchin Hill will be visible at the very end of the alley. The church has a children's Sunday school, as well as a youth club.</ p>