What is a biotoilet? The principle of operation of this device is not familiar to everyone. The first thing that comes to mind is a plastic bucket with a seat and a lid. If someone thinks that these species are limited, then this is a big mistake, so you need to update your knowledge and learn the nuances of the work of this device.
The first invention received a ticket to life inCanada in 1979, it was based on the principle of vacuum toilet used in airplanes. Every year improvements are introduced in this sphere, thanks to which it became possible to take into account the needs of a certain category of people.
How to choose a bio-toilet?
First of all, it is necessary to clearly define whereit is planned to use it. If in travel plans or long trips, then you need to choose a mobile light bio-toilet, the operating principle of which is ideal for such conditions. In size it is compact and does not take up much space. And if in this plumbing solution needs a country house, then you can choose the option of a stationary device. It is a small structure with a door intended for entry / exit.
Types of biotoilets
Depending on the principle of their work, the dry closets are divided into:
- liquid or chemical;
The principle of operation of this device is idealsuitable for home use. There are no reservoirs that need periodic cleaning and subsequent washing out. These capacities are replaced with removable cassettes. After filling, they are removed, replacing them with new ones.
Dimensions of this biotoilete are small, thereforeFind a place to store it is not a problem. Also, which is very convenient, if necessary, this device can be installed in the bedroom, for example, a sick or elderly person.
Manufacturers have developed a number of models,which are designed specifically for this category of people. There are cassette dry closets, built in wheelchairs or made in the form of a chair with comfortable armrests.
Electrical dry closets
The name of the sanitary ware saysneed to participate in its work of electricity. This type of bio-toilet consists of a two-chamber receptacle and a seat with a lid. Divided into two compartments, the lower capacity is not accidental, it allows to withdraw liquid fractions and separately store solid, which is then dried with the help of a compressor and simply carried into a compost or sewage pit.
The principle of work of a biotoilet for a home impliesThe presence of electrical ventilation, which is very convenient for enclosed spaces. Therefore, he can take a place behind the gypsum plasterboard next to the kitchen. Pipes for removal of unpleasant odors are supplied with a bio-toilet.
Two things to look out for:
- The installation site of the electric bio-toilet should be equipped with a drainage system for draining liquid into a pit or a special container. The accumulation of liquid waste is not provided for in it.
- Almost all such models are designed to use them only when sitting.
Advantages and disadvantages of an electric dry closet
- When emptying the tray with dried fecal residues, no great physical strength is required, since 70% of the entire liquid volatilizes during drying.
- It is not necessary to use special means of reagents for the processing of waste products.
- The presence of excellent ventilation, which is equipped with an electric bio-toilet. The principle of its operation is such that the smells of sewage in the room are completely absent.
- High enough cost in comparison with other types of dry closets.
- Stationary equipment for ventilation and drainage.
- Dependence on electricity.
Liquid or chemical toilets
Such a bio-toilet is mobile enough. All models are equipped with wheels for easy transportation.
The construction of a liquid bio-toilet istwo containers connected together. The upper one consists of a seat under which there is a bowl of a toilet bowl and a tank with a lid for water, the lower one is intended for a pump.
It is worth paying attention to the specialThe construction, which has a chemical bio-toilet. The principle of operation of this device is basically built on one very important element. This is a flush pump. It can be piston, pump and electric.
- The simplest system for a piston pump. Pumping of the required amount of water for flushing occurs manually. Replacement of a failed part can be done on its own.
- Not too complicated system of the device and the pump pump. The pomp-accordion serves as a lever for flushing practically on all inexpensive versions of biotoilets.
- An electric pump provides enougha strong head for flushing with a clearly metered volume of drained water. The operation of such a pump is provided by ordinary finger batteries. Without their charge, the operation of such a pump is impossible.
After flushing, the feces get into the tank-receiver. It contains a special tool for biotoilets, the main task of which is complete splitting of waste. Chemicals of this series are presented:
- biological substances;
- ammonium group.
All sanitary liquids go on sale inform of concentrate. The chemical constituents of such preparations can decompose fecal matter and even dissolve toilet paper. A liter of concentrate of sanitary liquids is used for approximately 10 refills of the bio-toilet.
Advantages and disadvantages of liquid dry closet
- No odor. It smells only of perfume chemical reagent.
- Simplicity and ease of movement.
- Presence of the indicator of filling of the tank-receiver.
- Constant dependence on the chemical reagent.
- The need to clean the lower reservoir at least once every two to three days.
- Sufficiently tight fitting of the valve, which does not always allow the elderly people to close the opening of the tank-receiver completely.
The principle of this dry closet compared toThe above models are based on the use of peat without water. In the tank-receiver, in which the waste of human life is, this substance is filled. It turns out such layering due to the rotation of the handle of the dispenser. A fresh portion of the peat mixture enters the lower tank-receiver from the upper one, in which water is in the usual version of the toilet. Anaerobic mineralization absorbs liquid waste and, with their participation, converts human feces into compost.
The construction of a peat bio-toilet requiresstationary installation. The liquid entering the receiver tank during its use by a person must be partly drained through a hose or pipe.
The principle of work of a dry closet for a summer residence has manyadvantages, but it must be remembered that peat does not eliminate unpleasant smells, therefore it is necessary to equip stationary ventilation. The higher the pipe, removing odor, the better the withdrawal system will work. The optimum height is 3-4 meters.
Filler peat is quite cheap and easy to use. Empty the tank of this toilet is laborious enough, the moisture-saturated mixture swells and has a decent weight.
Advantages and disadvantages of peat dry closet
- cheapness of peat-filler;
- simplicity of design;
- absence of dependence on electricity and water;
- the possibility to use recycled waste as a natural fertilizer.
- the need for a good ventilation system;
- mandatory removal of excess liquid into the sewage pit;
- We need strength to clean it - peat, saturated with moisture, quite heavy.