Narrow kitchens (photos are presented below) - a trouble not only old buildings, but also many modern buildings.
Kitchen for a narrow kitchen: that will help increase the space
Most often narrow spaces are converted intokitchen-living rooms, removing the wall separating them from the living room. If there is no such possibility (or desire), you can visually increase the space, adhering to certain rules:
- Design of a narrow kitchen (photo, above) does not accept dark colors. Light floors, walls of pastel, almost invisible shades and light or even glass furniture visually expand the room, make it lighter and more spacious.
- Kitchen for a narrow kitchen should also be light. Furniture is by no means massive and very light will help create a sense of spaciousness. In such a room look great mirror cupboards, transparent glass doors and shelves. Each item should be as functional as possible. The cutting table can be equipped with a retractable dining table top, the hood can be placed on the bottom of the cabinet, etc.
- Separate space into zones will help the skillfula color scheme. For example, the area of cooking can be decorated in brighter (but not screaming) tones: coffee, pink, blue, and the dining space to make beige, pale, etc.
- Kitchen for a narrow kitchen is usually made to order. However, today in large construction stores you can buy a set of parts and collect furniture yourself. In this case, benches or sofas can become storage cupboards at the same time, and hanging cabinets will be placed where they have space: above the sink, refrigerator, etc.
- When making a narrow roomIt is recommended that you maximize the use of the space adjacent to the window. If the window sill is slightly expanded, an electric stove or microwave will be placed on it.
A window sill can also become a cutting table,and under it necessarily there is a place for arrangement of a locker. By the way, in Soviet times such a window-sill was in almost every apartment. No curtains on the window: they very much "eat" space. Suitable light blinds, Japanese curtains.
Kitchen for a narrow kitchen: another trick
Optically expand the room will help correctlighting. Complexly arranged lighting scheme will divide space into zones. They can be illuminated simultaneously and separately, and this, undoubtedly, will create the illusion of a large room. Complex lighting can be made brighter if you properly trim the kitchen ceiling. The best option is to make it mirror. Of course, such a ceiling will require more careful care. But the reflected in it the room will seem several times larger. A narrow kitchen is not a problem, but an excuse to show your imagination and ingenuity.</ p>