Modern developers are trying to createtruly original buildings. Their endeavors have no limits. Very impressive is the variety of solutions that are used in the construction of roofs, but the hip roof is considered one of the most reliable structures that can well protect the building from large wind loads. It is popular nowadays.
- It constructively contains four ramps, 2 of them are trapezoidal, and 2 short slopes ("hips") - inclined triangles.
- This roof is preferably used in thoseWhere strong winds are not uncommon. If the hip roof is designed and calculated by yourself, then the following initial data should be taken into account:
- intensity of precipitation;
- wind characteristics (speed and strength);
- material that was used to make the roof.
The roof is a kind ofa truss roof, which is much harder to make than a classic two-slope roof. Because it will be necessary to create a design that consists of four skates, docked among themselves and located at certain angles.
Many are interested in how to calculate a hip roof independently, using a specialized computer program. The calculation parameters will be:
- height of the roof of the hip;
- angles of inclination of skates.
The most difficult question related to how to make a hip roof is the manufacture of a rafter system consisting of the following rafters:
- 1st type - cased (diagonal);
- 2nd type - ordinary (central);
- The third type - narodnye (angular, shorter rafters).
In order for the process of marking the roofis easier, it is recommended to make a measuring strip from plywood, the width of which should be 5 cm, and then apply all dimensions to it. This will speed up the process of markup and will avoid some errors.
Hip roof with their own hands: the installation of the rafter system
On the layer of waterproofing you need to install the Mauerlat andfasten it firmly to the walls of the house. Next, the ridge beam is mounted using vertical racks. At installation it is necessary to use a level and a plumb line. Fastening of vertical racks is carried out with the help of mowing. Then, when forming the roof slopes, installation of foot trusses is carried out. When you perform this process, you should be especially careful. After this, the installation of intermediate rafter legs.
Carrying out the installation of the battens
This process is important. When manufacturing the laths, when a hip roof is constructed by oneself, it is recommended to use lumber that is well dried - this can be a square bar (side 50 mm). A waterproofing layer of film is attached to the rafters with a stapler, and after that a rarefied crate is stuffed on them.
Hip roof with own hands - final works