Each heating system has its owncoolant. The operation and maintenance of the system largely depend on the type of circulating fluid. As a coolant, a non-freezing liquid for the heating system can be selected. Let us consider in more detail its applications, characteristics, as well as advantages and disadvantages.
Choice of coolant
First of all, it is necessary to find out the freezing point of the coolant. Then learn about the toxicity and properties of all available coolants.
When choosing a liquid for a heating system, it must be remembered that by filling another type of coolant into the system, you take responsibility for the functioning of the heating equipment.
Features of antifreeze liquid
In the case where a non-freezingliquid for the heating system, it is necessary to take into account its viscidity. For this reason, all components, welded seams, threaded connections of the heating system must be impermeable.
It is important that the non-freezing liquid is based on propylene glycol. Compared with the ethylene glycol solution, it is less toxic.
Under the influence of low temperatures, antifreeze does not increase its volume, accordingly, it is not capable of destroying the system. After raising the temperature, a return to the liquid aggregate state occurs.
Antifreeze is strictly prohibited from heating. Otherwise, the non-freezing liquid for the heating system will lose its original properties.
Before using the antifreeze in the heating system, you should first rinse the system with a special solution.
The quality non-freezing liquid for the heating system has the following advantages:
- Safety, which is required for non-freezing solutions, based on propylene glycol.
- Due to the fact that the heating system uses a wide temperature regime, under any load the coolant for radiators must retain its active properties.
- Throughout the operational period, the antifreeze must maintain the heating system in working order.
- From the quality of heating appliances and antifreeze depends on the full functioning of the system as a whole throughout the life of the system.
- Protects against deposits, scale and corrosion.
- The liquid is not explosive and not combustible.
- Does not come into contact with gaskets and gaskets.
- Provides high-quality operation of the circulation pump.
- Non-freezing liquid for heating systemsIt is applied with special nozzles, preventing foaming of the coolant, formation on the inner surface of the heating elements of the scale. Also prevents the swelling or dissolving of the sealant, the formation of corrosion.
- Antifreeze for heating appliances does notmust be drained from the system. This is due to the fact that all the functional parameters of the units, equipment and pipelines retain their properties even at low air temperatures.
If in the heating system this type of coolant is used, then if there is a possible leakage into the air, evaporation is evolved which is harmful to human health.
Non-freezing liquid for heating systems is distinguished by its aggressiveness to the structures of the communal network under consideration.
Due to the fact that the antifreeze compared to waterhas a high viscosity (about 20%), this adds a hydraulic load to the network pumps. Therefore, when acquiring pumping equipment, you should choose a model with a margin of performance.
Application of antifreeze in the heating system
Filling of a new mixture can be made only inIf the heating system is completely cleaned of the previous liquid, and also checked for the quality of the sealing and the integrity of all connections. If necessary, replace worn parts.
As soon as all the preparatorywork, you can go directly to work - pouring antifreeze. The mixture is diluted with water and poured into the system in such a way that the composition remains uniform.
Antifreeze for heating is a pretty capricious composition, which requires special conditions.
What are the rules for using such a tool as a non-freezing liquid for a heating system? Instructions for use are as follows:
- First, increase the capacity of the pumping equipment and increase the system pressure.
- Remove all elements containing zinc.
- The primary start-up of the heating system must be carried out at the minimum power values with a gradual rise to normal.
- Antifreeze can be used only in single-circuit heating systems, since some of the substances that make up its composition are poisons.
- The most optimal environment for non-freezingliquids are boilers that run on gas fuel. If we talk about electrical equipment, then in such systems, very often there are serious troubles.
- Failure to comply with the basic requirements can lead to breakdown of pumping equipment, filter clogging, reduction in heat transfer.
Application of antifreeze
As mentioned above, as a heat carrierNon-freezing heating fluid may be used. The unequaled advantage of this liquid is frost resistance. For this reason, the antifreeze is used in the external piping system. Another favorable factor is the reduction in the corrosion of radiators and pipelines, which has a favorable effect on the heating system.
Antifreeze in this case must be selected depending on the temperatures affecting your pipelines and your budget.
Use of alcohol
Generally, use in heating systemsalcohol manufacturers are strictly prohibited. However, not everyone pays attention to the fact that alcohol is used as a coolant, without removing from the guarantee of equipment. But this does not apply to the use of propylene glycol, a solution of bischofite and ethylene glycol.
This non-freezing liquid for heating the house has a significant disadvantage - a strong evaporation.
When it is not necessary to apply antifreeze?
Due to the fact that antifreeze, unlike water, has a lower heat capacity, radiators with higher power are required.
In order that the antifreeze liquid for heating does not lose its chemical properties, it is used in cases where the structures are made of galvanized iron.
Antifreeze is prohibited to be used in open systems, since in this case it is possible to evaporate it.
Since this coolant is toxic according to its chemical and physical properties, it is not allowed to be used in double-circuit boilers, since it is possible to poison the water.
Now you know which fluid to choose forheating of the autonomous system. However, what to fill in the system, it is up to the consumer to decide, since there is no unambiguous answer in this case. The choice will depend on the parameters of both the heating system and its elements, and on the qualities and properties of the selected antifreeze, so when acquiring a particular product, it is advisable to consult with a specialist.</ p>