One fine day you sit behind the wheel of yourcar, you insert a key and you try to start the engine. But suddenly the unexpected happened - something is clicking under the hood, but the starter does not twist. That is, there is no whistling sound, after which the vehicle engine comes into operation. This means that somewhere there was a malfunction in the launch system.
Well and now it is necessary to understand whyThe traction relay can not perform the function assigned to it. The first step is to diagnose the hearing: only a single click is heard, after which silence occurs, or the sound is permanent. It is very important. Based on this simple diagnosis, you can significantly narrow down the range of troubleshooting.
If it constantly clicks, but the starter does not turn, then the reason may be:
- Poor body weight with power unit. In this case, it is necessary to check the relevant contacts and the reliability of their connection. If they are oxidized or contaminated, they should be cleaned using sandpaper. You can also lay an additional mass wire.
- Bad contacts on the battery terminals.
In many cases, the problem with a lack of voltagecan be foreseen. For example, when the starter turns for a long time when the engine is started, you should already look for the reasons for this behavior. It is possible that the source of a bad start is in the battery or wires.
If after turning the key only one click, but the starter does not turn, then in this case the cause of the malfunction may be:
- in a bad engine mass;
- in the unreliable connection of the traction relay with the starter or charring of their contacts;
- in the starter.
- The wire going from the traction relay to windings of a starter burned down;
- the starter brushes were worn out;
- the starter sleeves have worn out;
- there was a shortage of the armature windings;
- there was an open or short circuit of one of the starter windings;
- the fork of the bendix drive is deformed or broken;
- appeared faces on the teeth of bendiksa.
Here for such reasons under the hood of the transportmeans click, but the starter does not turn the engine. To return to the car in most cases is very easy when checking the electricians and eliminating the identified shortcomings. If the reason lies in the malfunction of the starter itself, in this case it will be necessary to repair it or replace it with a new one.</ p>